Thai woman goes blind after eyelash extension in Chon Buri
Thai woman goes blind after eyelash extension in Chon BuriLegacy

A Thai woman is taking legal action against an eyelash salon in Chon Buri province after she was blinded in her left eye when the owner accidentally dropped glue into it during eyelash extensions.

The victim, 40 year old Baifern, accompanied by her lawyer, visited Bang Lamung Police Station yesterday, June 6, to file a complaint against the salon owner who provided the service on March 8. The salon is operated out of the owner’s home and does not have an official storefront.

Baifern explained that she felt a burning sensation in her left eye after the extension, but the salon owner told her to blow on it with a fan, assuring her the symptoms would improve. Baifern said tears continued to stream from her eye and the pain got worse by March 17.

Despite taking anti-inflammatory medication, her condition didn’t improve. She visited a clinic near her accommodation and was diagnosed with a severe infection in her left eye.

Baifern continued treatment at Chon Buri Hospital, where doctors advised her to have her eyeball removed. According to the doctors, the condition was so severe that she would be unable to see even if she kept her eye and removal would prevent the infection from spreading to other organs.

Aside from legal action against the salon, Baifern shared her story to warn others about the importance of choosing salons with high service standards and skilled technicians.

Baifern’s lawyer, Somyot Nanaprasert, told Amarin TV that Baifern’s career as a party entertainer has been negatively impacted due to the effect on her appearance and she is entitled to compensation for her loss.

Amarin TV reported that the salon owner, when contacted for a comment, denied Baifern’s accusations and stated that she was not available to provide further information at this time.

A similar story was reported in August last year when two women suffered injuries to their eyes and face after an eye clinic in Nonthaburi province near Bangkok used plastic tape instead of eye pads during eyelash extensions.

The story Thai woman goes blind after eyelash extension in Chon Buri as seen on Thaiger News.

Go to Source
Author: Petch Petpailin